Ležáky: The Past Uncovered

From 2 Oct to 30 Dec 2017, the exhibition hall In Memoriam

Upon initiative of the administration of the Memorial Site Ležáky, small rescue excavations have been conducted to verify the existence and the state of cellars extending beyond the footprint of the demolished houses so that they are not buried under the monuments.

Localization of the cellars was based on the plan of Ležáky created in 1943 in connection with the controlled demolition of the houses burned-down on 24 June 1942. The resulting documents inspired the excavation team to mount an exhibition that offers a look into the past of Ležáky.

Admission free within the opening hours of the museum of the Lidice Memorial.

THE MUSEUM IS CLOSED BECAUSE OF RECONSTRUCTION. Other expositions are opened.